Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Steve's Requests

Yesterday I dropped the ball and didn't post Steve's request for prayer.  His request yesterday was that God would strengthen his mind and help him to clearly be able to delineate between lies and the truth.  Thoughts will come to him like, "A more skilled rider could have avoided this."  But we know those to be lies, not helpful to him for his recovery.  Pray that God will protect him from these.

Today he asked me to pray that he would trust in God's plan for our future.  He has made such rapid progress that he is starting to see more clearly the gap between his fully healthy self and where he will likely be for some time to come.  His words:  "Please pray that I will continue to put my trust in God before my own understanding-when I don't know what tomorrow brings and when I don't see or understand the plan."

The scripture he sent me is:  "But, as it is written, 'What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him." -- 1 Corinthians 2: 9

Your prayers continue to sustain us!

No comments:

Post a Comment