Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Switching it up

Wanna know what happens when you realize your DMV appointment is NEXT week, and not THIS week?  You don't stand in line, you get a number, and spend an hour reading the Bible that the kids were not interested in letting you read in the morning.  Surprisingly, the DMV was an awesome place to read.  No one interrupts you, no one looks at you, and any other activity around you is really boring.

So... Ta-DAH!  Watch out, Grandpa B, I'm comin' for your spot!

It feels incredibly odd to have one of these.  It's the taboo spot!  I can't park there!  But thankful for the provision to make our lives easier.

Also note:  It says TEMPORARY.  Yes indeed, it is.  Thank you, God, that we anticipate that this will not be in our lives forever, and Grandpa can have his spot back.

The kids are getting really excited that Dad is coming home, especially Søren.  He has all kinds of plans.  Well, mainly Legos and Minecraft.  "Mom, Dad's legs don't have to work to do that with me!"  I'm glad they have a sense of humor about it.  Lucy kind of fell off her chair, and said, "Don't worry, Mom, I didn't break my spine like Dad!"

And just to freak you out, Mom and Dad, we will be switching sides of the bed so that Steve has room for his walker.  I hope you guys read this in the morning, because I know you wouldn't sleep a wink otherwise.

So tonight we switch everyone (but Lucy!) up here -- Mimi and Papa to the tent trailer in the back, Søren back in his bed, me back in mine.  Steve will sleep his last night in a hospital bed, making a total of 19 nights.  And tomorrow begins the next adventure!

They made this for Dad's wheelchair spot 
It says:  "Wheelchair Parking.  Steve Only (OK anyone with a wheelchair)":  

The kids' last goodbye at the hospital!  

2 comments:

  1. I never thought of reading my Bible at the DMV:) My new morning ritual is to do my devotion and then read your blog. You have a great way of sharing how GOD's hand is in all things, from big to small. HE will continue to take care of you today as you make this giant transition, and tomorrow and the next day. You and your family are in our prayers. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the parking sign! Lucy, you rock!

    ReplyDelete