Friday, July 11, 2014

4 Weeks Ago Today

We were both stunned to realize today marks 4 weeks since Steve's accident, and Sunday will be a month.  It's almost impossible to believe.  We "celebrated" by making a surprise visit to his office to say hello and touch bases with some of the wonderful people who have supported us in so many ways. What a privilege it is to be a part of the Biola family.  To see my husband greeted with such love and respect, and to see the ferocity with which they have maintained his department in his absence makes it so much easier to choose his return date carefully, rather than hastily.

You can continue to pray for good rest for both of us.  I was up about half the night because Lucy couldn't sleep, and the night before I didn't get to sleep until very late because Lucy woke up with a painful ear infection (good thing her grandpa is a doctor who takes my late-night texts!).  I'm finding that with poor sleep my patience with the kids is low.  Søren is going through a whiney phase and is incredibly slow to obey.  I hollered at him pretty good tonight and had to ask forgiveness from him later.  However, when my reserves are slim, I don't find that I'm doing my most thoughtful and intentional parenting.

You can also continue to pray for some of the complications that surround Steve's injury.  We are so incredibly thankful for his progress, there is no doubt.  But we have to be both patient and vigilant in the healing of his whole body.

We continue to hear the reactions of many to our story -- it seems to connect with people very personally somehow.  I find that I am surprised when the overall tone of the reaction is so dooms-dayish.  Words like tragedy.  I'm surprised, because difficult though this is, we don't feel we are victims of tragedy, but recipients of grace and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment